- Please tell us about yourself and your property investment background.
At Rawson Group, we have been developing land and building homes for over 40 years. Throughout this time, we have established a sophisticated understanding of the various markets and sub-markets in which we operate and the different products, price points and locations that appeal to investors.
We have worked with thousands of investors to help them find profitable investments in housing and land in major growth corridors.
- What is the most common problem faced by inexperienced property investors and how can this be overcome?
The most common problem faced by inexperienced property investors is a failure to properly understand the market, rental yields and vacancy rates. Many non-professional investors underestimate the power of depreciation on new homes and therefore fail to take full financial advantage of the deductions this affords.
- What are the most important things to consider before investing in property?
The most important factors to consider before investing in property include location, current and future infrastructure and your investment strategy and timeframe – whether you are looking to maximise your capital gain as quickly as possible or is it a longer-term investment to maximise rental yield? There are free tools available on REA.com.au and information in The Property Investor to help budding property investors understand population growth projections, current median rent rates and market demand metrics.
Many overseas investors are attracted to Australia due to its liberal political environment, strong population growth trends and capital growth potential. To help in our overseas investors, we have teams who are fluent in foreign languages and can service enquires from overseas customers.
- What is the best way to budget when investing in property?
The best way to plan your budget for a property investment is by speaking to a financial advisor or a mortgage broking specialist. Contact Mint Loans for expert advice and help with pre-approvals, home loans and refinancing.
- How has the pandemic changed the property investment industry?
Here at Rawson Group, we have observed and experienced the changes to the investment industry for over 40 years. In our business, the pandemic has resulted a strong re-emergence of investors seeking better yields than the stock market or cash is currently returning.
- What is the most important lesson you have learnt as a result of your property investment journey? This may also be advice you can offer to budding property investors.
The most important lesson we have learnt in our 40 years in the property industry is to always remember that the fundamentals never change. Property investment is supply and demand game. Always be on the lookout for quality new suburbs where:
- strong population growth is predicted
- there is current infrastructure, and,
- new Infrastructure will be built.
Most people aren’t aware of these factors and don’t do the research to find out. Here at Rawson, we have done this hard work for you and can help make these seemingly overwhelming steps far easier.
For more information, contact Gyani Bahety at CRE8IVE on 0410 962 663.