In our special Movers and Shakers series The Property Investor is proud to showcase successful Australian women property specialists. The individual women selected are outstanding property professionals who have either mentored others, changed the industry for the better through their indvidual effort or innovated and introduced a new property-related product offering that has brought real value to customers lives or businesses.
Tracy Leske is honoured to have been named one of The Property Investor magazine’s Female Movers and Shakers, seeing her role as a woman in real estate as one that makes a positive and ethical contribution to the industry, and inspires, supports and encourages women to contribute to this exciting and dynamic business.
Tracy has enjoyed a 20-year career in real estate in a variety of roles, having spent most of her life in Melbourne running and operating several real estate sales and property management businesses. In 2012, she moved to Brisbane where she established Cherish Property, offering Buyer’s Agent and Vendor Agent services to local, interstate and ex-pat clients.
Tracy’s role as a Buyer’s Agent in Brisbane, South East Queensland allows her to share her widespread experience and genuine desire in assisting people achieve their goals. She prides herself on being able to navigate the sometimes, highly emotional and risky process of purchasing or selling property and ensures that clients real estate dealings are pleasant and financially rewarding.
Tracy has celebrated her successes with a multitude of awards won for her contribution to real estate, as well as for her other business, Oceans 2 Earth Volunteers, a not for profit organisation which supports animal welfare and conservation organisations and initiatives in Australia and overseas.
At the 2018 Real Estate Institute of Queensland’s (REIQ) Awards for Excellence celebrated this year, Tracy won the Community Service award and was a finalist in the Buyer’s Agent of the Year category. In addition, she has been shortlisted as a finalist in the 2019 REIQ Awards to be held in March 2019.
In 2017, she was named one of Australia’s Top Ten Property Specialists 2017 by The Property Investor Magazine.
Tracy Leske and Oceans 2 Earth Volunteers have won 10 Stevie awards at the 14th and 15th Stevie Women in Business awards, including a Silver award for Organisation of the Year (Government or Not for Profit – 10 or less employees) and a Bronze award for Women-Run Workplace of the Year. Tracy Leske won individual awards in the Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand, Woman of the Year (Government or Not for Profit) and Female Innovator of the Year categories.
In 2017 and 2018, Tracy Leske was a finalist in the Greater Brisbane Women in Business Awards for the Creating Change category.
The winning of these awards demonstrates Tracy’s commitment to excellence and a desire to validate the skills and contributions that she, as a Buyer’s Agent and a woman in business, bring to the industry. Tracy Leske says, “Each day is an opportunity for me to master skills, further my goals, learn from experiences and inspire others. A positive attitude, a consistent work ethic, smart decision-making, the nurturing of relationships, seeing the good in people and setting goals has helped shape me into the kind of role model I strive to be for other women in real estate”.
Tracy holds a degree in Teaching (Deakin) and three post-graduate degrees in Education and International Development. She considers industry training and further education as essential tools for anyone wishing to exceed. “I am always looking for ways to transfer the skills and experience I have gained in the not for profit sector to a more socially conscious environment in the business sector. It is important that people buying property in Brisbane are given an edge when purchasing what may be their largest asset”.
Tracy is known for getting the best outcome for her clients. She has exceptional negotiating skills and knows when to let a deal go if it’s not in her client’s favour. Unlike buyers, Tracy’s does not get emotionally attached to a property, and knowing the South East Queensland market well, she’s been known to walk away on many an occasion in search of another opportunity. When a deal is imminent, Tracy negotiates in her clients’ best interests. When Tracy represents a vendor, she negotiates to obtain the best price and conditions for her clients.
- Finalist Community Service Award 2019 REIQ Awards of Excellence (Awards ceremony in March 2019 of which 18 will be given acorss Queenland)
- Winner Community Service Award 2018 REIQ Awards of Excellence
- Finalist Buyers’ Agent of the Year 2018 REIQ Awards of Excellence
- Finalist Creating Change Category. Women in Business Awards 2018
- Silver Award Winner Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand– The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2018
- Silver Award Winner Organisation of the Year –The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2018
- Bronze Award Winner Most Innovative Woman of the Year – The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2018
- Bronze Award Winner Woman of the Year – Government or Non-Profit – The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2018
- Bronze Award Winner Women-Run Workplace of the Year – The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2018
- Awarded one of Australia’s Top Ten Property Specialists 2017. The Property Investor Magazine
- Finalist Creating Change Category. Women in Business Awards 2017
- Silver Award Winner Organisation of the Year – Government or Non-Profit– 10 or Less Employees – The International Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2017
- Silver Award Winner Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand– The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2017
- Silver Award Winner Woman of the Year – Government or Non-Profit – The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2017
- Bronze Award Winner Women-Run Workplace of the Year – 10 or Less Employees– The International Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2017
- Bronze Award Winner Female Innovator of the Year– Government or Non-Profit– 10 or Less Employees – The Stevie Awards for Women in Business 2017